Kickstart FC Karnataka struck the equaliser with the final kick of the game as they held FC Bengaluru United to a 2-2 draw in a BDFA Super Division clash at the Bangalore Football Stadium which was marred by crowd trouble on Saturday.

With FCBU leading 2-1, the controversy started when seven minutes of injury time was allotted and was followed by the floodlights being turned on. A KSFA official on hand then ordered the lights to be turned off.

“The lights turning on was a communication mistake. We wanted to switch it on after the game because there is a U-16 camp going on,” said a KSFA official. “We turned it off because it is unfair to turn on lights for just one game.”

With all this eating up the minutes, the match was extended beyond the seven and Kickstart’s Edwin Rossario was in hand to touch the ball in after a corner was cleared by FCBU and sent back in by Kickstart.

Kickstart’s Sudheer Kotikela then proceeded to entice the crowd, which was well over a 100, with his celebrations that resulted in chairs being thrown by the crowd. One chair narrowly missed an elderly man. There was also an allegation that FCBU players broke a few chairs in the dugout as well.

FCBU coach Richard Hood, who was shown a yellow card for his protests, said: “I don’t understand where that much injury time was added. The referee said the corner would be the last kick of the game but it was cleared and he should have blown the whistle there. Not wait for it come right back.”

The league’s disciplinary committee will look into the issues, it was confirmed.

Earlier, after a ping-pong first half where neither teams dominated and all they had was half chances, the game came alive in the second half when FCBU struck twice in quick succession.

In the 55th minute some well co-ordinated one-touch passing saw Akshay Kumar Dosapati make inroads into the penalty box. He was fouled by the charging Deepak Saravanan, Kickstart goalkeeper, and although Dosapati stayed on his feet, referee Suman Kumar blew the whistle for a penalty which was duly dispatched by Mohammad Asrar Rehber.

Three minutes later, Asrar picked up Arun Kumar’s long ball and squared it to Amey Bhatkal who tapped in to double the lead.

Kickstart then pulled a goal back in the 64th minute thanks to a header from Emmanuel Uzochi and proceeded to bombard the penalty box with attacks even as FCBU held them off with some stiff resistance before the equaliser in the fiery final minutes.

Results: Bangalore Independents FC 2 (Subhash R 57th, Maria Nelson R 90+2) bt South United 1 (Rungsing Muinao 42nd pen); FC Bengaluru United 2 (Mohammed Asrar 55th, Amey Bhatkal 58th) drew with Kickstart FC Karnataka 2 (Vzochi Emmanuel 64th, Edwin Rossario 90+6).

Vimocafe Staff members are dedicated in providing breaking local news from Every Nook and Corner of India.